WILL DEFINIETLY HAPPEN: You will fall in love with the relaxed and friendly locals and the flawless beaches. You are on Island time now! The stunning island of Bali is made up of mainly Hindi’s, the locals are very relaxed, kind and helpful
WILL PROBABLY HAPPEN: You will leave Bali without being a bit hassled by the local Balinese hawkers. Remember we did say locals are friendly, but you will also be hassled to buy stuff… a lot. Their economy is extremely ‘tourist driven’ and many depend on tourists to make a living. Start off the bartering at least one quarter lower and you will meet in the middle with the vendor, but be fair!
PROBABLY WON’T HAPPEN: You’ll leave the Bali without visiting Uluwatu. This surfer’s haven is the most beautiful site we have seen- you literally feel like you are at the end of the world!
**MUST DO in ULUWATU: Even if you’re not an avid surfer than ride your scooter to ‘Blue Point’ and for a small flat fee you can enjoy the infinity pool and view, plus lunch and a drink is included in the fee.
DEFINITELY WON’T HAPPEN: You’ll leave without eating tasty Balinese cuisine, Nasi Goreng and Mi Goreng. These two local dishes are a safe and delicious staple while in Bali. Fresh snapper and seafood is also great in Bali and not to be missed.
TOP 10 THINGS TO DO IN BALI:
- Padang Padang Beach. One of the most beautiful crystal clear coves in Bali.
- Monkey Forest in Ubud. Get up close with the Monkey Gods who looks after the temple. See Monkey Forest post.
- Blue Point Uluwatu, great views from a lush infinity pool and cold beer.
- Ku De Ta. Great food, live music. A little pricey for Bali standards but worth it.
- Rock Bar @ Ayana Resort– CNN says that this is the best Sunset in Bali… so do we! The innovative recycled-glass design allows waves to crash against the side of the bar while you sip a craft cocktail and enjoy the ‘aquatic firework’ show.
- Dreamland Villas- affordable luxevillas with a private pool and a short scooter ride away from Uluwatu and Padang Padang.
- Jimbaran Bay- eat fresh, just-caught seafood with your feet in the sand. Heaven.
- Hire a scooter and explore for a day, get out of the tourist areas and discover rice fields and small villages from a more authentic experience.
- Tanah Lot Temple Rock Formation in Uluwatu.
- Shopping in Seminyak. Bali has a lot of local designers, Seminyak is an eclectic mix of boutiques, world-class restaurant and surf shops.
Surf and Cliffs Uluwatu Bali, Indonesia