15 Things to Do in Italy
There is so much to see in a small condensed space in Italy. I highly recommend road tripping through Italy- it’s my favorite way to experience Italy.
- Drive the Amalfi Coast – temp fate on the windy, roads of the Amalfi coast, breathtaking views and to discover the most beautiful views and coastal drive in Italy.
- Eat Pizza in Napoli – There’s nothing like eating something as universally well-known as pizza in the place where it was born.
- Take a Gondola ride through the watery streets of Venizia (Venice) and see The Grand Canal before its too late!
- Visit the Colosseum – an engineering wonder, the epitome of architectural excellence, a standing proof of both the grandeur and the cruelty of the Roman world.
- Fall in love with Verona the birth place of Romeo and Juliet – you can leave a momentum and place a lock at Juliet’s birthplace.
- Hire a boat and check out the stunning Italian coast line and the Island of Capri.
- Florence (Firenze) – one of the most picturesque places on earth , take a gondola through the watery streets of Venice for a sneaky peak into the life of the Venezian. Be sure to rent a mask Venezian style!
- Make a wish at the Trevi Fountain- Legend has it you will return to Rome if you throw a coin into the water, tossing it over your shoulder with your back to the fountain, but frankly, given sights as this, no lucky charms are necessary to make you come back highly likely
- Lake Como- Italy’s most famous lake and a popular resort town, an absolute must.
- Sistine Chapel –stare in ore at the 16th century ceiling art of Michelangelo.
- The Blue Grotto – a sea cave that is a bright turquoise color. You must see this marvel of nature at least once in your lifetime
- Eat Gelato daily – Italy has without a doubt the best ice-cream in the world- there are even gelato stores that make ice-cream for Michelin starred restaurants…a cheap way for a taste of the high life…Heaven!
- Tuscany- Drink beautiful Italian Wine in a stunning setting.
- Step back in time in Pompeii – much more interesting in real-life than in high school history class. This archeological sight has been frozen time by ash.
- Hike Cinque Terre- charming villages, national parks and boat harbors, need I say more?
I adore Italy and I hope you enjoy my list of my favorite 15 things to do Italy. For what you need to know before traveling to Italy see my Italy travel guide.